- Have a sales philosophy that emphasizes relationship building.
- Value the relationship more than making your quota.
- Consider yourself and your firm as the best at what you do.
- Achieve a perfect job of delivering what you promised.
- Provide absolutely impeccable service after the sale.
- Help the customer build the customer's own business.
- Think end-of-time friendships not end-of-month totals.
BTW: If REALLY want to increase the number (and quality) of the referrals you get, check out this post: