Last Updated May 14, 2010 4:50 PM EDT
- Both ads start the same way: "What is iPad?"/"What is Newton?"
- Both have gruff, bourbon-tinged voiceovers.
- Both describe the products as "magic" or "magical"
iPad: Newton: While we can't accuse Apple of plagiarism -- you can't steal from yourself -- the ads do remind us that there are no new ideas under the sun and some of the old ones still work just fine.
- Why Apple's $1M iAd Price Tag Will Come Back to Bite It Down the Road
- Say Goodbye to the Creepy Palm Girl: Ads Blamed for 29% Sales Decline