WASHINGTON -- When President Obama appears today before graduating cadets at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy, it'll be his second and last commencement address of the season.
He addressed the Lake Area Technical Institute community college earlier this month in Watertown, South Dakota.
White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest confirmed that Mr. Obama has no other commencement speeches on his schedule this season, making it the fewest he's given in any year since he took office: just two.
Earnest could not say why Mr. Obama was giving the fewest commencement speeches of his presidency this year.
Mr. Obama last addressed the Coast Guard Academy in 2011. As commander-in-chief, he rotates his commencement addresses among the service academies on a yearly basis.
Our CBS News tally shows the Mr. Obama's record of commencements since taking office:
1) Wednesday, May 13 --- Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
2) Sunday, May 17 --- The University of Notre Dame. South Bend, IN
3) Friday, May 22 --- United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD
1) Saturday, May 1 - University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
2) Sunday, May 9, - Hampton University, Hampton, Va.
3) Saturday, May 22 - U.S. Military Academy at West Point
4) Wednesday, June 2 - Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh
5) Monday, June- Kalamazoo Central H.S. at West Michigan Univ
1) Saturday, April 29 - Miami Dade College
2) Monday, May 16 - Booker T. Washington High School. Memphis.
3) Wednesday, May 18, 2011 -US Coast Guard Academy, New London, CT
1) Monday, May 14 - Barnard College in NYC
2) Monday, May 21 - Joplin High School in Joplin, Missouri
3) Wednesday, May 23 - US Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, CO
1) Monday, May 5 - Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio.
2) Saturday, May 11 - Morehouse College, Atlanta.
3) Saturday, May 25 - US Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD
1) Wednesday. May 28, 2014 - US Military Academy at West Point, NY
2) Wednesday, June 11 - Worcester Tech High School, Worcester, MA.
3) Saturday, June 14 - University of California at Irvine
1) Friday, May 8 - Lake Area Technical Institute, Watertown, South Dakota.
2) Wednesday, May 19 - US Coast Guard Academy, New London, CT.