Johnson faced a possible suspension for the first four regular-season games, pending an appeal, a source familiar with the case said Monday.
He apparently won that appeal.
The NFL issued a statement Thursday saying reports are not true that Johnson would be suspended. The league would not elaborate and declined to say whether Johnson's appeal had been upheld.
"We echo the statement that was released by the NFL," said his agent, Drew Rosenhaus. "That's really all I'm allowed to say."
The Dolphins declined to comment.
Johnson, who has been battling Lamar Smith for the starting job at running back, will be available to play in Miami's final exhibition game Friday at New Orleans.
©2000 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed