Last Updated Jul 10, 2009 4:47 PM EDT
If the pair really are locked in an auction for Razorfish their advisors may have difficulty making sure the two men focus on the spreadsheets and not how it affects their catfight (see links below for details on the inuslts the pair have traded). Microsoft wants $600 million for Razorfish. A Sorrell v. Levy pissing contest represents their best-case scenario to get it.
BNET previously noted that the smart money is on Publicis, as WPP is already heavily laden with debt. But that doesn't mean Sorrell won't extend himself -- because debt is to Sorrell what mud is to pigs.
Meanwhile: The FT reports Denstu may also make a bid.
- See previous coverage of Sorrell v. Levy:
- WPP's Sorrell Calls Publicis' Levy "Callous" in Remarks on Recession
- Publicis CEO Levy "Loves" Recession; Says It "Excites" Him
- WPP's Sorrell Says Publicis's Levy Is "Hysterically Funny"
- Publicis's Levy Calls WPP's Sorrell a "Little Englishman Trying to Stir Things Up"
- WPP's Sorrell and Publicis' Levy in "Gossip Girl"-Style Rivalry, Sez Bloomberg