PLANO (CBSDFW.COM) - Plano Independent School District is warning parents about the whooping cough.
The Clark High School students were recently confirmed to have the highly contagious bacterial infection also known as pertussis. It feels like a cold at first, but develops into a long-lasting cough that can make breathing tough.
Last week, school officials sent a letter to parents informing them about the first case. Today county officials said a second student from Clark has a confirmed case.
(©2015 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
for more features.