Watch CBS News

Texas Woman In ICU After Hand Sanitizer Catches Fire: "My Whole Body Was Just Consumed In Flames"

HARRIS COUNTY (CBSNEWS.COM) — A Texas woman is in the intensive care unit after being severely burned when her hand sanitizer allegedly caught fire while she was trying to light a candle.

Round Rock resident Kate Wise was left with severe burns over her entire body. She said she had put on hand sanitizer and that when she later lit a candle, her hand caught fire.

hand sanitizer
(credit: iStock/Getty Images)

◊◊◊ Click Here To Read The Complete Story On cbsnews.com ◊◊◊

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.