Watch CBS News

Guests Evacuated Due To Smokey Fire

It was a rude awakening for some guests at Grapevine's Great Wolf Lodge this morning.  Sleepy-eyed visitors were rousted from their beds just after 6 a.m. because a dryer caught fire in a laundry room, sending heavy smoke wafting through a portion of the indoor water park.  Grapevine firefighters went door-to-door to make sure everyone was out of their rooms.  About half of the two-thousand registered guests were forced to evacuate but they were allowed to wait in a restaurant and in the conference center.


View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.