Watch CBS News

Fort Worth Man Reportedly Admits To Sexually Abusing 100 Children

Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter

NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) - There are new bombshells in a developing story that has some North Texas parents nervous.

A Fort Worth man has allegedly admitted to sexually abusing more than 100 children, between the ages of seven and 14-years-old. According to an arrest warrant, Randy Ray Wesson also possessed more than 40,000 images of child pornography.

According to officials with the Hurst Police Department, a teenager working with Wesson, 28, may have been recruiting victims at Hurst Hills Elementary.

Parents from Hurst Hills read letters Thursday night urging them to report any questionable contact their children may have had with Ricardo Javid Lugo.

Hurst Hills Elementary
(credit: CBSDFW.COM)

Lugo, 17, passed himself off as 12-year-old and enrolled in the 6th grade at Hurst Hills. Wesson pretended to be Lugo's father and forged paperwork to enroll the teenager at the school.

A number of people who spoke with CBS 11 News Thursday night said they know the men arrested and were completely fooled.

"Pretty messed up," father Arturo Castrellon said. "Pretty messed up stuff."

Castrellon remembers the sob story he says Wesson told him, when the 28-year-old and Lugo moved in next door. The neighbor said Wesson told him the teenager, "…was his long lost son that he never knew."

It had been just hours since Castrellon and other neighbors on David Drive in Fort Worth learned police arrested the pair for child pornography.

Dru Luke saw police raid the house. Luke said his curiosity did not get the best of him. "The first two had rifles and believe me I didn't go outside. They had guns pointing in [the house] and the others [officers] filed in between them."

Police later said they found a large amount of evidence in the house.

According to authorities, Lugo, an American citizen, was living in Mexico when Wesson lured him to North Texas on social media. It was February when the teenager moved into Wesson's home.

Wesson allegedly forged the elementary school documents in August.

As it stands, detectives don't have evidence that any students at Hurst Hills were approached for the purpose of taking pornographic pictures. But the possibility is a concern for both police and the school district.

Hurst-Euless-Bedford Independent School District spokesperson Judy Everett told CBS 11, "We are sickened by this, to think this could be happening. And again, that is why I urge parents to talk to your kids. Sit down with them, as uncomfortable and distressing as this conversation might be."

Administrators at Hurst Hills said they followed every rule when Lugo enrolled.

There are more than 500 students who attend Hurst Hills Elementary. Because of the seriousness of the arrests and potential criminal acts, teachers and counselors at the school are ready to talk to students if necessary.

(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Latest News:

Top Trending:

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.