Watch CBS News

Alvarado Man Diagnosed With Food Poisoning, Not Listeriosis

ALVARADO (CBSDFW.COM) - An Alvarado man received some welcome news from his doctors, days after he feared he had contracted listeriosis.

Marvin Whitlock started feeling sick shortly after eating Blue Bell ice cream. He suffered from diarrhea, vomiting and muscle soreness, before he heard about the recall of all Blue Bell products due to listeria concerns.

>>North Texas Man Ate Blue Bell, Fears He Has Listeriosis<<

Based on the recall and his symptoms, Whitlock went to the emergency room, where doctors prescribed antibiotics to treat a range of gastrointestinal disorders and tested him for listeriosis.

The test results showed Whitlock did not have listeriosis, rather food poisoning.

Whitlock says he's relieved to learn he does not have listeriosis, and he is beginning to feel better.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.