GBI Arrests Former Foster Parent for Sexual Abuse of Children
Chattahoochee Hills, GA (CW69 News At 10) – On Wednesday, June 10, 2020, the North Myrtle Beach, SC Department of Public Safety arrested Johnny Lee Summers, age 55, on multiple charges.
On December 5, 2019, the Chattahoochee Hills Police Department requested the Georgia Bureau of Investigation to investigate allegations of child molestation made against Johnny Lee Summers who was a foster parent. At the time of the allegations, Summers, and his wife, were fostering four siblings in their home.
The investigation has revealed that Summers allegedly molested and/or abused all four children in his care. The children range in age from 8 to 16 years old and lived in the home for approximately 4 years.
Summers has been charged in Georgia with the following:
- Two felony counts of rape
- Two felony counts of aggravated child molestation
- Three felony counts of child molestation
- Two felony counts of cruelty to children
- One felony count of enticing a child for indecent purposes
- Two misdemeanor counts for battery family violence
- Two misdemeanor counts of simple assault
Additional charges are expected. Summers is presently in custody at the Horry County, SC Sheriff's Office and awaiting extradition. Anyone with information pertaining to this investigation is urged to call the GBI at 770-388-5019 or submit a tip on-line at https://gbi.georgia.gov/submit-tips-online.
for more features.