Cops: Man has daughter, 9, drive him to store
BROWNSTOWN TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Police say a Detroit-area man had his 9-year-old daughter drive him to the store because he had apparently been drinking.
Brownstown Township Detective Lt. Robert Grant said Monday the girl was sitting behind the wheel in a child's booster seat before 3 a.m. on Oct. 8 when an officer opened the driver's side door of the full-sized panel van her father uses for work.
Grant tells the Detroit Free Press newspaper the girl said to the officer: "What did you stop me for? I was driving good."
Someone called police after spotting the pair stopped at a gas station. The caller watched the girl get in the driver's seat and pull the vehicle onto the road.
The father was arrested. He told officers he was teaching his daughter to drive.
Popular in Strange
- 4-year-old girl likely knows comics better than you
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Bluegrass rendition of Daft Punk's "One More Time"
- See Google Glass through the eyes of a toddler
- Cats strutting their stuff and living large
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Fun with humor and music from YouTube Comedy Week
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside
- Bear chasing man up a tree is totally surreal to see
- Chemistry into dubstep and music in the everyday
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Kate Upton gets asked to prom by boy on YouTube
- Teen with rare bone cancer inspires through music