Cops: Drunk passenger hit crew member on flight
This file photo shows an American Airlines Boeing 737 parked at a terminal at Los Angeles International Airport. / AP Graphics
Authorities say an American Airlines flight from New York to Los Angeles was diverted to Denver after a drunken passenger hit a flight attendant in the face and yelled threats.
Varoujan Khodjamirian has been charged with interfering with a flight crew. An affidavit says flight attendants had to restrain him with flexible cuffs, and two sat on him until Flight 21 landed Thursday night.
The affidavit alleges the man got loud and disruptive after drinking alcohol. Flight attendants reseated two people who were next to him, and when he began kicking seats in front of him, they moved him to the back row.
The man is then accused of striking a flight attendant and yelling obscenities and threats, including, "I will beat you all down and kill you."
Court records don't list a hometown or attorney for the man.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Small Fla. town wonders who the Powerball winner is
- Officials confirm there's only 1 winning Powerball ticket
- Long Island police defend Hofstra student killing 307 Comments
- Could cop have avoided accidentally killing NY student? 84 Comments
- Allegedly random murder, "hate crime," stuns NYC
- Winning tickets sought in $588M Powerball jackpot
- FBI Agent Killed In Robbery Play Video
- The War in Chicago