Cops: Woman stalked ex, broke windows with sword
HOUSTON - A Houston woman has been charged with felony stalking after being accused by police of calling her ex-boyfriend more than 1,000 times and sending him more than 700 emails within a three month period -- and taking a sword to his windows.
Police say Toni Jo Silvey also used a tire iron and later a sword to shatter several of the windows of her ex-boyfriend's Houston home.
CBS affiliate KHOU reports she is accused of egging his house several times and posting pictures of herself bragging about it on her Facebook page.
Police say the 49-year-old woman also created an Internet persona called "woundedpoeticsoul" and started a blog detailing the end of her relationship with her ex-boyfriend.
On a single day in August, the victim said Silvey called him 146 times, KHOU reports.
On one occasion, the victim said Silvey rammed her SUV into his car, causing his car to hit his garage and the siding of his home, KHOU reports. The damage totaled more than $1,700, according to court documents.
Court records show Silvey remained jailed late Wednesday after being arrested on Tuesday.
Silvey's attorney declined comment.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Serena Williams sorry for "what I supposedly said" on rape 69 Comments
- TWA Flight 800 gets another look 17 years later 112 Comments
- TWA Flight 800 disaster - a look back 19 Photos
- 3 football players charged in Naval Academy rape case
- FBI: No sign of Jimmy Hoffa's body in Detroit suburb 59 Comments
- America's endangered historic places 11 Photos
- Reporter Michael Hastings dies at 33
- FBI finds possible remains at gangster's NYC home