Zsa Zsa Gabor to undergo operation
A file photo of actress Zsa Zsa Gabor and her husband, Prince Frederic von Anhalt. / AP Photo
LOS ANGELES - Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband said the 94-year-old actress will undergo an operation at a Los Angeles hospital where she also is being treated for an infection.
Frederic Prinz von Anhalt said Sunday that doctors at UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center planned to reattach a tube in Gabor's stomach that became loose and led to bleeding.
The celebrity socialite was rushed to the hospital Saturday.
Von Anhalt says Gabor has opened her eyes but is not speaking or responding.
He says doctors are waiting for antibiotics to take effect on the infection.
Zsa Zsa Gabor
He calls his wife a "fighter" and says he's "very optimistic."
The Hungarian-born Gabor has been hospitalized repeatedly since falling out of bed and breaking her hip in July 2010. She had a leg amputated in January.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral