Police: Man robs bank, then goes for pizza
YUMA, Ariz. - Arizona authorities say they have arrested a man who robbed a Yuma bank then went and spent some of the stolen money on beer and pizza at a nearby restaurant.
Yuma police say 56-year-old Henry Elmer has been booked into county jail on a variety of robbery and theft-related charges.
Officers responded to a robbery call at the main branch of the Wells Fargo Bank across from the Yuma Police Station around 1:30 p.m. Saturday.
A man reportedly entered the bank, produced a box-cutter knife and fled with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Police say Elmer then went to a nearby restaurant, ordered beer and a couple of slices of pizza and paid with some of the bank's money.
Police say they located Elmer before the meal was served. It's unclear whether he has a lawyer, yet.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Bridge collapse blamed on tractor-trailer 266 Comments
- Washington state bridge collapses 20 Photos
- Port Authority releases photo of One WTC workers at dizzying heights
- Best U.S. beaches 2013 10 Photos
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash. 137 Comments
- Earthquake, multiple aftershocks jolt Californians
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 1090 Comments
- Clean-up efforts underway in Okla. 29 Photos