Google birthday doodle: Lucky 13
Google marks its 13th birthday / Google.
I'm starting to feel my age. No, it has another gray hair or worry line that mysteriously greeted me in the mirror today.
Google is thirteen.
Sticklers will dutifully note that the exact date Google entered into the world is open to different interpretation. Mashablepoints out that Google co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin filed for incorporation on Sept. 4, 1998 while the Telegraph reminds us that Google.com domain was registered on September 15.
Fair enough, but since Google has chosen Sept. 27 as its birthday, that's good enough for us. For its part, Google kept the public celebrations down, marking the date with a doodle featuring a collection of balloons, candles, and a few party hats.
So what were you doing 13 years ago? Whatever the answer, it's a lot of search requests since then.
Popular in SciTech
- iPhone 5S and low-cost iPhone said to be multicolored
- Android 4.3 pops up in the wild after skipping Google I/O
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- NYC tech tour: Foursquare, BuzzFeed, MakerBot Play Video
- Can a floating robot save a polluted canal?
- Google to add Galapagos Islands to Street View
- Delta 4 rocket boosts military comsat into orbit
- NASA funds 3D pizza printer