Woman sickened by fumes at Ga. McDonald's dies
POOLER, Ga. - An 80-year-old Florida woman has died after being sickened by fumes at a McDonald's restaurant in south Georgia, authorities said.
Pooler police Chief Mark Revenew said Anne Felton of Ponte Verda, Fla., died early Thursday. She and her husband were customers at the restaurant. An autopsy will be conducted to determine cause of death.
Felton was one of ten taken to the hospital Wednesday after firefighters found two customers unconscious inside a restaurant bathroom and others struggling to breathe. Eight were treated and released and two were admitted for treatment.
Authorities said Wednesday they suspected cleaning chemicals in the restroom were to blame, but the cause was still under investigation.
The restaurant was evacuated but McDonald's later said the restaurant had reopened after authorities deemed it safe.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Small Fla. town wonders who the Powerball winner is
- Officials confirm there's only 1 winning Powerball ticket
- Long Island police defend Hofstra student killing 310 Comments
- Could cop have avoided accidentally killing NY student? 89 Comments
- Allegedly random murder, "hate crime," stuns NYC
- Deadly twisters tear through Midwest
- FBI Agent Killed In Robbery Play Video
- Winning tickets sought in $588M Powerball jackpot