Boy throws rocks at cars, shot by crossbow
SAN DIEGO - San Diego police say a boy throwing rocks at vehicles was struck in the abdomen by a crossbow bolt fired by a passenger in small sport utility vehicle.
Officer Dino Delimitros says the boy and a friend were throwing rocks in the Linda Vista neighborhood Monday afternoon when a passenger in a black Toyota RAV4 pulled out a crossbow and fired.
The boy was shot in the abdomen and was taken to a hospital. The San Diego Union-Tribune newspaper says his injuries are not life-threatening.
His name and age weren't released.
Nobody has been arrested.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Powerball jackpot at $600 million -- and climbing
- Lives lost: Suburban fatal heroin overdoses 19 Photos
- O.J. Simpson's ex-lawyer contradicts his testimony on guns
- Dozens injured as commuter trains collide in Conn.
- Seven-time lottery winner shares secret to winning Powerball
- Why marry? Three generations tell their wedding stories
- Tornadoes rip through northern Texas 17 Photos
- Powerball jackpot soars to $550 million