Snakes in pants - alleged pet thief nabbed in AZ
This photo provided by the Mesa (Ariz.) Police Dept. via The Arizona Republic shows Eric Fiegel. / AP
PHOENIX - Police say an Arizona man stole several baby albino boa constrictors at a pet store by stuffing them in his shorts.
Eric Fiegel was arrested Tuesday after police reviewed surveillance footage from Predator's Reptile Center in Mesa. They say a July 30 video shows the 22-year-old man entering the store, removing several snakes from their cage and placing them in the pocket of his shorts before exiting the store without paying.
Police say Fiegel then traveled to another pet store and traded several of the snakes for $175 and a large reptile tank.
The Arizona Republic says a witness obtained a license plate number which police used to locate Fiegel. He was later identified by witnesses from a police lineup.
It was unclear Wednesday whether Fiegel has a lawyer.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Children rescued from two elementary schools in Oklahoma 19 Photos
- Oklahoma tornado recovery grinds on amid grim scenes 158 Comments
- More severe weather expected after monster tornado
- Tornado's destructive path 17 Photos
- Oklahoma tornado as seen by storm chasers Play Video
- Oklahoma tornado carves trail of destruction Play Video
- Twisters touch down in the Midwest 13 Photos
- Severe tornado tears through Oklahoma City suburb Play Video