Rapper Big Boi arrested on drug charges in Miami
This image provided by the Miami-Dade County Corrections and Rehabilitation Department shows Antwan Patton, also known as Big Boi of the rap group Outkast, arrested on alleged drug possession charges, Aug. 7, 2011. / AP Photo/Miami-Dade County Corrections and Rehabilitation Department
MIAMI -- Grammy-winning OutKast rapper Big Boi has been arrested in Miami for possession of drugs including ecstasy and Viagra pills.
The rapper, whose real name is Antwan Patton, was charged with three counts of possession of a controlled substance and one count of possession of drug paraphernalia on Sunday. According to the Miami-Dade County Corrections website, the 36-year-old Patton was also carrying MDMA, which is the main ingredient in Ecstasy.
The rapper was booked around 1:30 p.m. on $16,000 bond.
Phone and email messages were left for Big Boi's publicists.
Big Boi is best known as half of the groundbreaking rap duo OutKast, which includes Andre 3000. The Atlanta-based group won six Grammys and churned out six platinum-plus albums, including their "Speakerboxxx/The Love Below," which sold over 10 million copies.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Obama to host concert honoring Carole King
- Runaway mom tells Dr. Phil: "They're better off without me"