NHL's Sean Avery arrested for shoving L.A. cop
New York Rangers' Sean Avery (16) draws blood as he fights with New York Islanders' Micheal Haley (59) during the third period of an NHL hockey game Thursday, March 31, 2011, in Uniondale, N.Y. / AP Photo/Kathy Kmonicek
LOS ANGELES - New York Rangers player Sean Avery is out on bail after he was arrested in California on allegations he shoved an officer at his Hollywood Hills home.
Lt. Jorge Pardo tells City News Service that a neighbor's noise complaint sent police to the home at around 1 a.m. Friday. Pardo says Avery answered the front door, shoved an officer and slammed the door but cooperated when officers knocked a second time.
The officer wasn't injured.
The 31-year-old hockey player was booked on suspicion of battery on a police officer. He was released about seven hours later after posting $20,000 bail.
The Rangers say they'll discuss the matter with Avery and have no immediate comment.
Popular in Sports
- Sergio Garcia apologizes to Tiger Woods for "fried chicken" remark
- NFL's Top 100 Players of All-Time: Debate
- ESPN pulls Hank Williams Jr. over Obama remark
- Phelps wins record 19th Olympic medal
- "Egyptian Popeye" says 31-inch arms all-natural
- Home of Nuggets' Andersen searched, items seized
- Lance Armstrong admits doping to Oprah
- Gretzky's Wife Linked To Gambling Ring