Cops: Dunkin' Donuts worker sold sex on breaks
Dunkin' Donuts products are displayed July 27, 2011, in Montpelier, Vt. / AP Photo
ROCKAWAY TOWNSHIP, N.J. - Police say there was more on the menu than Munchkins and lattes during the late shift at a Dunkin' Donuts in northern New Jersey.
A 29-year-old female is facing prostitution charges after police say she took breaks to provide sex in exchange for money.
Rockaway Township police launched an investigation known as "extra sugar" after getting a tip about the workers activities at the shop.
Detective Sgt. Kyle Schwarzmann told The Daily Record of Parsippany he noticed that 29-year-old Melissa Redmond of Mine Hill would go out to cars and would spend 10 to 15 minutes in the vehicles.
Schwarzmann says Redmond was arrested after soliciting sex from an undercover officer.
No one at the Dunkin' Donuts wanted to comment.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash. 128 Comments
- Authorities find cause of Wash. bridge collapse
- Washington state bridge collapses 20 Photos
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 541 Comments
- Kansas reporters run for tornado shelter during newscast
- Clean-up efforts underway in Okla. 29 Photos
- Shelton, Underwood coming to aid of Oklahomans
- Kids, teachers from destroyed Okla. school reunite