Ohio statehouse to open full-service bar
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Maybe this is what state lawmakers need, to grease the wheels of government.
The Columbus Dispatch reports the Ohio Statehouse's first full-service bar will open next month within an existing cafe.
The bar on the building's lower level will sell beer, wine and liquor.
The Ohio agency that oversees the Statehouse said the bar will have flat-screen televisions and will be open to the public at certain times.
It also will host special events and what are described as "private happy hours." (Quorum!)
One thing that will not be allowed: Guns.
CBS Affiliate WBNS reports a recently passed concealed-carry law would allow people with permits to bring their firearms into bars and facilities where alcohol is served - as long as they don't drink.
But people are still prohibited from taking firearms onto statehouse property.
Popular in Strange
- Adorable 2-year-old sings Pearl Jam
- Cats strutting their stuff and living large
- Sights and sounds of Morocco through time-lapse
- Super slow motion pistol shrimp attack is explosive
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- 4-year-old girl likely knows comics better than you
- Add moments of beauty and serenity to your day
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Bluegrass rendition of Daft Punk's "One More Time"
- See swift hummingbirds shown in super slow-motion
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside
- Bear chasing man up a tree is totally surreal to see