CBS News poll: United States of Influence
A recent CBS News Poll finds many Americans feel alienated from government and unhappy with Washington, as they have felt for years:
- Most Americans feel they don't have much say about what the government does, continuing a trend first seen in CBS News polling as far back as 1990. Nearly three in four are dissatisfied with they way things are going in Washington.
- Seven in 10 think special interest groups have too much influence on American life and politics, while 85% think they themselves have too little.
- Most think the rich benefit from Washington's policies - but few say the middle class does.
Read the complete poll below:
Popular in Politics
- Romney condemns "breach of trust" in Washington 171 Comments
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 349 Comments
- IRS targeting overlooked biggest soft money groups 66 Comments
- For GOP, scandals could be an electoral plus - or minus 327 Comments
- Republicans use IRS scandal to tar Obamacare 36 Comments
- Ousted IRS chief: "I did not mislead" the American people
- Why Obama should worry that current scandals might impact 2016
- Immigration deal reached in House