Man caught on tape peeing in reservoir
A man who admits urinating in a Portland, Ore. Reservoir says he's sorry he did it, but wonders what all the fuss is about.
Josh Seater was caught on Portland Water Bureau surveillance video relieving himself in the reservoir early Wednesday morning.
The video shows Seater and his friends throwing things in the water -- and then, Seater says, it just happened.
He barely had time to zip up his pants before security guards got there.
Seater hasn't been charged with a crime, but he could be, and he insists he just doesn't
Seater says he's sure he isn't the first one to pee in there.
He added he didn't realize t was the water supply, claiming he thought it was a sewage plant.
The incident is going to be an expensive flush for the city of Portland. It'll cost about $36,000 -- $7,500 to drain the reservoir, plus $28,000 worth of drinking water down the drain - some 8 million gallons of it.
The Portland Water Bureau says does have a plan to cover reservoirs to comply with federal regulations, although it is trying to get a waiver so it doesn't have to spend the millions it will take to do that.
- Dad Punishes Daughter with Free Babysitter Ad Play Video
- How to stop junk mail - forever
- Best Wheeled-Luggage for Your Budget
- Demi Moore Leech Therapy? Play Video
- Best Low-Tech Cell Phones Suitable for Seniors
- Reporter's Anorexia Problem Play Video
- 'Sex And The City' Premieres Play Video
- Terms to Never Use in Your Resume