Tot-toting mom catches foul ball
Tiffany Goodwin catches foul ball in front of her husband / Mark Gormus,AP Photo/Richmond Times-Dispatch
You might call Tiffany Goodwini the ultimate multi-tasking mom.
Goodwin, of Fredericksburg, Va., caught a foul ball in a baseball glove on her outstretched left arm at the Richmond Flying Squirrels game Sunday - with her eight-month-old son, Jerry, in her right arm, and her husband, Allen, at her side, poised to catch it himself.
The Squirrels were playing the Harrisburg Senators.
Jerry was wearing a helmet.
And, apparently, that wasn't Tiffany's first catch.
She snagged a line-drive last week.
"We were on our way to the game Sunday," Goodwin told the Richmond Times-Dispatch, "and my husband said he's been waiting 38 years and never caught a foul ball. I told him, 'Maybe you'll get a chance today."'
But it was Tiffany who did the deed.
She told the newspaper, "He said, 'I called you off, I called you off. I could have had it.' But it was already in my glove, and I told him possession is nine-tenths of the law!"
- How to stop junk mail - forever
- Candy Bombers Remembered Play Video
- Dad Punishes Daughter with Free Babysitter Ad Play Video
- Terms to Never Use in Your Resume
- Lorena Bobbitt, 15 Years Later
- Best Low-Tech Cell Phones Suitable for Seniors
- Legit Work-from-Home Websites - and the Scams
- Best Wheeled-Luggage for Your Budget