Mary Hager is Executive Producer of "Face the Nation."
Prior to becoming Executive Producer, Hager was the broadcast's Senior Producer. She brings more than 20 years of political reporting to the job. She was CBS News Chief Washington Correspondent Bob Schieffer's producer for 10 years and covered virtually every presidential campaign, convention and election night.
Hager began her career at CBS News in 1991 as a researcher in the CBS News Political Unit and from there moved to Capitol Hill to work with Schieffer as Senate producer in 1993.
In 1999, she moved to the Atlanta Bureau, working with CBS News Correspondent Byron Pitts covering the southeast and 2000 campaign, including the presidential recount in Tallahassee.
In 2001, Mary returned to Washington as a producer on Evening News, where she spent eight years covering Congress, politics, the 2004 Kerry Campaign and the George W. Bush White House.
Mary is a graduate of the University of Virginia.
- Obama doesn't think NSA violated Americans' privacy, WH says
- Bob Schieffer: Edward Snowden is no hero
- Face the Nation transcripts June 16, 2013: McDonough and Rogers on NSA surveillance
- June 16: McDonough, Rogers & more
- Congress not yet likely to approve Syrian arms aid, Rogers says
- Schieffer to Snowden: Come home, face the consequences
- Face In the News: Denis McDonough defends NSA
- NSA surveillance: Is there adequate oversight?
- NSA programs may be legal, but are they ethical?
- Face the facts: A fact check on gas prices
- Noonan: Petraeus resignation "mysterious"
- Rep. Cummings: Proof clears WH of IRS targeting scandal
- WH chief of staff defends NSA program, Syria action & more
- Roberts switched views to uphold health care law
- Ayotte announces key support for Senate immigration bill
- June 9: Ayotte, Gillibrand, Speier, Cummings, McCaul & Dingell