Classic tracks from Aretha Franklin
"Sunday Morning" is pleased to offer added bonuses for Aretha Franklin fans.
Sony's new 11-CD+DVD box set, "Take a Look: Aretha Franklin Complete on Columbia," contains newly-remastered versions of her earliest albums released by Columbia Records between 1916-1969, as well as previously-unreleased tracks and a bonus DVD of her TV performances.
Two tracks from the set can be heard via streaming audio. Simply click on the players below.
"Over The Rainbow"
"It Ain't Necessarily So"
For more information on Sony's new box set, "Take a Look: Aretha Franklin Complete on Columbia," visit www.myplay.me/65r.
As a special offer to "Sunday Morning" viewers, use the coupon code "ARETHA20" at checkout for an additional 20% discount. (Coupon expires at 11:59 ET May 14, 2011.)
Also, just released on her own label, Aretha Records, is Franklin's new album, "A Woman Falling Out of Love," a mix of new compositions and well-loved standards.
It marks the 38th studio album for Franklin, who has won 18 Grammy Awards during her career (as well as received two honorary Grammys).
Audio samples can be heard by clicking on the links below:
"Aretha Franklin: A Woman Falling Out of Love," is available for purchase exclusively at Walmart, or online via walmart.com.
- Backup singers get their time in the spotlight
- Much ado over Joss Whedon's "Much Ado About Nothing"
- Jim Gaffigan: Standing up to fatherhood
- Jim Gaffigan: Stand-up dad
- Dressing down a culture for refusing to dress up
- The benefits of multi-generational homes
- The art of shaving is alive and well
- Astronaut wives: The other space pioneers
- Nancy Giles on the search for a simple bra
- A new hope for back pain sufferers?
- Hong Kong: Edward Snowden's welcoming refuge
- The popularity of "Mommy Porn"
- The astronaut wives club
- Nancy Giles offers some support for bras
- Huey Lewis' heart still beats for rock & roll
- Hedy Lamarr: Movie star, inventor of WiFi