Misaddressed marijuana goes to elderly couple
UPPER DARBY, Penn. - Police say an elderly couple was the unintended recipient of a very seedy delivery: a five-pound brick of marijuana.
Police in Upper Darby, just outside Philadelphia, say the couple paid little attention to the package when it was delivered last week. Not recognizing the name, they left it on their porch, expecting it to be picked up.
When nobody claimed the package, the couple opened it to find what police say was $10,000 in high-grade marijuana.
Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood tells the Delaware County Daily Times the couple gave the package to police, who determined the return address in Arizona was fake.
Chitwood says the department sees about a half-dozen similar deliveries a year and can sometimes track down the sender.
Popular in Strange
- "Robot cat" blends everything the Internet loves
- Some fun with soda, slow motion and ice cubes
- Sea lion pup jumps on boat, cuddles with driver
- Baby needs to potty at the worst possible time
- Learn how to fold a shirt in under two seconds
- "Get Lucky" with two excellent Daft Punk covers
- Cat plays game of "boop" and kitten fed by bottle
- Jackie Chan picked a fight with Bruce Lee (and lost)
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- The Feed's Music Round-Up: totally late edition
- Paula Deen Hit in Face with Ham
- 13-year-old Scottish boy sings and blows us away
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Chupacabra Found?
- Watch: Kitten born with 2 heads in Oregon