9 Designers And Models Vie For Spot On Oscar Stage
Specialist Joseph Dreyer, right, watches the decision of the Federal Reserve as he works at his post on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange Wednesday, June 20, 2012. The Federal Reserve is extending a program designed to drive down long-term interest rates to spur borrowing and spending. (AP Photo/Richard Drew) / Richard Drew
Nine fashion designers need your help to make their Oscar dreams a reality.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences says Oscar fans will again select the dress to be worn by a trophy model during the Academy Awards telecast. Nine designers showed off their gown contestants Tuesday during a fashion show at the film academy's headquarters in Beverly Hills.
Oscar fans and fashionistas can see the dresses online at Oscar.com and cast one vote each day until Monday. The winning gown - and the model wearing it - will appear onstage during the Oscar ceremony.
The winning designer will also receive two tickets to the show.
The Academy Awards will be presented Feb. 27 at the Kodak Theatre and broadcast live on ABC.
Popular in Entertainment
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos