Cross-Eyed Opossum to Predict Oscar Winners
Heidi, the crosseyed possum. / Facebook photo
BERLIN - Heidi, Germany's beloved cross-eyed opossum, is taking a page from Paul the Octopus' playbook: the marsupial will attempt to pick this year's Oscar winners.
Leipzig Zoo Director Joerg Junghold told Germany's RTL television on Friday that Heidi will be appearing on the "Jimmy Kimmel Show" alongside the Oscars on Feb. 27.
He isn't revealing much about the show but says: "quite similar to Paul, it will be about tips." He says Heidi will be filmed in Germany over the next few days for the U.S. show.
Junghold says Heidi's appearance fee will be donated to an animal protection charity.
Paul correctly predicted the outcome of all seven German games at last year's World Cup plus the Spain-Netherlands final from an aquarium in Oberhausen. He died in October.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Webby Awards 2013 18 Photos