Judge Grants Kelsey Grammer Divorce In LA
The Springer Fire smolders Tuesday, June 19, 2012, near its origin in the Elevenmile Canyon area near Lake George, Colo. The fire was 10 percent contained as of Tuesday morning and firefighters hope the winds would stay low throughout the day as they battled the 1,100-acre fire. (AP Photo/The Colorado Springs Gazette, Christian Murdock) / Christian Murdock
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Maren Nelson signed off on Kelsey and Camille Grammer's split, and the pair will settle financial issues at a later date.
"I have a great many mixed feelings about today - I'm sad for what was, yet excited for the road ahead," Camille Grammer said in a statement.
She thanked family and friends who had been supportive throughout the couple's divorce, which was filed in July. The couple were married nearly 13 years.
"What I hope is that Kelsey and I can improve our communications and truly co-parent our two wonderful children," her statement said.
She also wished her ex and his fiancee, Kayte Walsh, "love and happiness in their new marriage."
Kelsey Grammer, 55, told David Letterman on his show last month that he plans to marry Walsh sometime in February. The veteran actor starred in the comedy series "Cheers" and "Frasier."
Camille Grammer, 42, appeared on the recent season of "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills."
She has estimated in court filings that the former couple's shared property may be worth $20 million.
Attorneys for the former couple told Nelson they will set aside $2.3 million while financial arrangements are handled.
Popular in Entertainment
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 98 Comments
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- "The Voice": Top three sing for the win
- Johnny Depp on "unpleasant" split with Vanessa Paradis
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Selma Blair abruptly exits "Anger Management"
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go
- "The Voice" finale recap: Season 4 crowns a winner