Threats Keep Ariz. Eatery's Lion Tacos Off Menu
Police investigators look over the body of a shooting victim after three people were killed in an apparent attempted armed robbery at the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Canada on Friday, June 15, 2012. The robbery happened in the Hub Mall area, which is a combination of student residences and 54 shops. (AP Photo/The Canadian Press, Ian Jackson) / Ian Jackson
Bryan Mazon, the owner of Boca Tacos and Tequila, said Monday that his Tucson eatery has received "many threats" against the restaurant, family members, customers and vendors since he announced last week that he was taking prepaid orders for the exotic tacos.
Boca planned to start serving the lion tacos Feb. 16 at a cost of $8.75 apiece.
Mazon says his restaurant received orders from people around the world. The eatery already has served up python, alligator, elk, kangaroo, rattlesnake, oysters, turtle, duck and frog legs in its tacos.
Mazon says he'll continue to bring unique menu items to the Tucson community and his customers, but not at the expense of safety.
Popular in Strange
- Bluegrass rendition of Daft Punk's "One More Time"
- See Google Glass through the eyes of a toddler
- Bear chasing man up a tree is totally surreal to see
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Teen with rare bone cancer inspires through music
- An amazing mashup of music in just one minute
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Sea lion shows concern after little girl falls
- How to become a YouTube star (with "epic montage")
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- Cat won't be trying to eat fish in aquarium anymore
- Daft Punk music medley is an epic mix and tribute