John Mellencamp, Elaine Irwin-Mellencamp Split
Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder speak in Windsor, Ontario, Canada on Friday, June 15, 2012, ahead of an announcement for a new $1-billion bridge connecting the city with Detroit. (AP Photo/The Canadian Press, Colin Perkel) / Colin Perkel
A spokesman for the 59-year-old rocker says he and his wife of 20 years, model Elaine Mellencamp (nee Irwin), are splitting up. The two met when she was hired to appear on the cover of Mellencamp's 1991 album "Whenever We Wanted."
Publicist Bob Merlis declined to say Thursday if the couple had filed for divorce.
Merlis says the Mellencamps "are proud of their 20 years together and are very happy with their accomplishments both as parents and as a family."
He says they will continue to raise their two children in Indiana.
Mellencamp's latest album, "No Better Than This," was released earlier this year.
Popular in Entertainment
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 217 Comments
- Police looking into Nigella Lawson throat-grab photos
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby
- Miss USA 2013 24 Photos
- New Miss USA is an accountant
- "True Blood" returns for sixth season
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments
- Weekend box office: "Man of Steel" smashes June record