Cruise Bringing Tropic Character Back to Screen
DELETES BYLINE - Myanmar opposition Leader Aung San Suu Kyi talks to reporters as she arrives at Yangon International airport Wednesday, June 13, 2012, in Yangon, Myanmar. Suu Kyi takes her first European trip since 1988 Wednesday to make a long-awaited acceptance speech for the 1991 Nobel Peace Prize and at a time when Myanmar is making tenuous democratic progress. (AP Photo)
Paramount Pictures and MTV Films say they're developing a film around the fictional character that Cruise brought to life in 2008's "Tropic Thunder."
The 47-year-old actor reprised the role at Sunday's MTV Movie Awards.
Cruise and Ben Stiller are among the producers of the film. Paramount said Wednesday that Cruise is in talks to play Grossman.
Cruise can next be seen on screen in "Knight and Day," due in theaters later this month.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Runaway mom tells Dr. Phil: "They're better off without me"
- Obama to host concert honoring Carole King