LG Chocolate for Verizon?
We lusted after the LG Chocolate at CTIA Wireless this year because of its smooth touch-pad buttons and sleek design. Well, according to Phone Scoop, the LG Chocolate will be rebranded as the LG VX8500 for the U.S. market, with Verizon slated as the carrier. While the VX8500 looks the same, there are a few design changes compared to the Korean-made Chocolate, such as an iPod-esque D-pad wheel on the front face and a new version of the Verizon user interface. No release date yet, of course, but if what we heard at CTIA is any indication, it could be out later this year.© 2006 CBS Interactive Inc.. All Rights Reserved.
Popular on MoneyWatch
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- Chrysler expected to make Jeep recall refusal official
- 6 ways to pay off your student loans
- Why geniuses don't have jobs
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- The Internship: 6 real-life lessons from the movie
- Top 10 professional life coaching myths
- Chrysler continues its refusal to issue a Jeep recall