Larry King Files For Divorce From 7th Wife
The Los Angeles Kings' Stanley Cup trophy spent Tuesday morning in the backyard of team Capt. Dustin Brown's Manhattan Beach home, where his young sons blew chocolate milk bubbles in its top. The boys, Jake and Mason, were videotaped playing with the trophy in Spiderman outfits by Brown's wife, Nicole. / Screenshot, L.A. Times video
The 76-year-old host of CNN's "Larry King Live" filed Wednesday to end the couple's nearly 13-year marriage, citing "irreconcilable differences." He married Shawn Southwick-King in a hospital room in 1997 three days before surgery to clear a clogged blood vessel.
The couple have two sons, ages 11 and 9. King is seeking joint custody of the boys. He is also asking a court not to award Southwick-King, 50, any spousal support.
"His major concern is the welfare of his children," said Howard Rubenstein, a spokesman for King.
He said Southwick-King filed for divorce moments after King's filing. Her filing was not immediately available.
Rubenstein said the talk-show host would not comment further on the divorce.
The filing was first reported by celebrity Web site TMZ.com.
King's nightly news and interview show has been a CNN mainstay for nearly 25 years.
He and Southwick-King started house-hunting in California shortly after their marriage and lived in Beverly Hills. He is a Los Angeles Dodgers season ticket-holder and announced the start of the team's home opener to fans Tuesday.
King has three children from previous relationships.
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video