Drunk Woman Calls 911, Says She's Driving
Turquorius Vines, 23, who claims he attended a party where a shooting occurred killing one of his friends, Demario A. Pitts, 20, of Opelika, Ala., in an apartment complex, stands outside the crime scene Sunday, June 10, 2012, in Auburn, Ala. Auburn Police Chief Tommy Dawson said authorities responded during the night to a report of multiple gunshot victims at the apartment complex, but he released no immediate information early Sunday. (AP Photo/David Goldman) / David Goldman
And with that, Mary Strey, 49, of Granton, reported herself as a drunken driver about three miles northeast of Neilsville in central Wisconsin.
Clark County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Jim Backus said Monday that Strey's call on Oct. 24 led deputies to cite her for misdemeanor drunken driving with a blood-alcohol level double the legal limit to drive. She makes her first court appearance Dec. 10.
Backus says drunken drivers reporting themselves is rare.
In the 911 call, Strey said she wanted to report a drunken driver and the dispatcher asked if she was behind the suspect vehicle. "I am them," Strey said. She then followed the dispatcher's advice to pull over and turn on her flashers, telling him she had been "drinking all night long."
Popular in Strange
- "Robot cat" blends everything the Internet loves
- Some fun with soda, slow motion and ice cubes
- Sea lion pup jumps on boat, cuddles with driver
- Learn how to fold a shirt in under two seconds
- Baby needs to potty at the worst possible time
- Jackie Chan picked a fight with Bruce Lee (and lost)
- Cat plays game of "boop" and kitten fed by bottle
- "Get Lucky" with two excellent Daft Punk covers
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- The Feed's Music Round-Up: totally late edition
- Paula Deen Hit in Face with Ham
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- 13-year-old Scottish boy sings and blows us away
- Chupacabra Found?
- Watch: Kitten born with 2 heads in Oregon