Hurricane Rick Forms off Mexican Coast
Former Prime Minister Gordon Brown arrives at the High Court with his wife Sarah to give evidence at the Leveson Inquiry, London, Monday, June 11, 2012. Former UK prime minister Gordon Brown and current Treasury chief George Osbourne give evidence at Britain's inquiry into media ethics. (AP Photo/Tim Hales) / Tim Hales
Rick is centered about 290 miles south of Acapulco, Mexico, and moving west near 9 mph.
Acapulco's Civil Protection Department issued a warning Friday saying rains are expected that could trigger landslides and flooding in the resort city.
Rick, the seventh hurricane of the eastern north Pacific season, is likely to travel parallel to the coast over the next five days.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Man dead in "truly shocking" London attack 219 Comments
- London soldier slaying homegrown Islamic extremism?
- Graphic video: Man dead in "truly shocking" London attack Play Video
- Who were the 4 U.S. citizens killed in drone strikes? 57 Comments
- U.K. official: London attack suspects probed before
- Mexican volcano on verge of eruption 15 Photos
- Man, 80, becomes oldest to climb to top of Mount Everest
- People cling to car in "sidewalk skiing" stunt Play Video