I Am American And So Aren't You
I AM AMERICA AND SO AREN'T YOU....Here's the latest leak from Josh Green's upcoming tell-all on the Hillary Clinton campaign:Political Animal
Mark Penn, the top campaign strategist for Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign, advised her to portray Barack Obama as having a "limited" connection "to basic American values and culture," according to a forthcoming article in The Atlantic.What a sweetheart. My guess is that Penn's career as a A-list political consultant was probably over anyway, but hopefully this drives a final nail into his coffin. What a sleaze.
....The Penn memo suggesting that the campaign target Obama's "lack of American roots" said in part: "All of these articles about his boyhood in Indonesia and his life in Hawaii are geared towards showing his background is diverse, multicultural and putting that in a new light.
"Save it for 2050. ... Every speech should contain the line you were born in the middle of America American to the middle class in the middle of the last century....Let's explicitly own 'American' in our programs, the speeches and the values. He doesn't. Make this a new American Century, the American Strategic Energy Fund. Let's use our logo to make some flags we can give out. Let's add flag symbols to the backgrounds."
Popular in Politics
- Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows 78 Comments
- Senators: U.S. must take "more decisive" military action in Syria
- House Republicans pass 20-week limit on abortions 176 Comments
- Obama and Berlin: Faded echoes meet new realities
- Smooth, on-time Obamacare rollout no sure thing: GAO
- Bill Ayers: Obama should be tried for war crimes
- Snowden: U.S. gov't destroyed my chance for fair trial
- Treasury secretary's loopy signature is now less loopy