Lifestyles Of The Rich And Famous
LIFESTYLES OF THE RICH AND FAMOUS....From the Wall Street Journal's Real Time Economics blog:Political Animal
Nearly 80% of affluent Americans believe a recession has already hit the U.S., and optimism about the U.S. is at a record low among the well-to-do, according to the Annual Survey of Affluence and Wealth in America by American Express Publishing Corp. and Harrison Group.Hmmm. So even among the well-to-do, support is split pretty evenly between the Republican candidate and the Democratic candidates. I guess McCain's promise to cut taxes on the wealthy by $5 trillion wasn't quite enough.
....Survey respondents, who have an average discretionary income of $342,000, aren't highly sensitive to recent economic shocks, but the poll found that they are still the same "emotional recession." As a result they are cutting debt, saving more and scrutinizing spending.
....Six in 10 respondents believe there can be no rebound without a new president. John McCain leads the current field of candidates among the affluent with 37% support, followed Barack Obama at 20% and Hillary Clinton at 15%.
Popular in Politics
- FBI director acknowledges domestic drone use 113 Comments
- Obama and Berlin: Faded echoes meet new realities
- Smooth, on-time Obamacare rollout no sure thing: GAO
- Obama on NSA programs: Americans "not getting the complete story" 261 Comments
- House Republicans pass 20-week limit on abortions 447 Comments
- Senators: U.S. must take "more decisive" military action in Syria
- Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows
- Obama renews push for a nuclear disarmament legacy