Bush Is Pissed....Film At 11
BUSH IS PISSED....FILM AT 11....I saw this headline on the Washington Post's front page a few minutes ago and thought, WTF? Eve Fairbanks apparently thought the same thing:Political Animal
Seriously, though, why the hell is this the Post's headline? Here's what happened: House Democrats refused to sign the Senate's version of the FISA bill, which excused the telecom companies for their past surveillance sins, rebuking the Republicans and the Senate. Even more ballsy, the 35-strong liberal bloc in the House knocked down a temporary extension, meaning FISA will probably expire on Friday night. Then the Republicans threw a temper tantrum and walked off the House floor; Bush put out an angry statement — and the tantrum made the headline.I guess "House Democrats Grow A Pair" probably wouldn't pass muster with the Post's style standards, but surely they could have thought of something? I mean, I can sort of understand why walking off the House floor is news, but Bush putting out an angry statement? You gotta be kidding. It would be news if Bush ever put out a non-angry statement.
But it's what the Democrats did that was the news! Every time Congressional Democrats do something Bush remotely doesn't like, he puts out an angry statement. It's like writing a story about the Capitol burning down and headlining it, "Many Cameramen Gather at Capitol."
All winter Pelosi et al have been sneered for caving to Republicans; now they're sneered at for getting rebuked by Republicans when they don't cave. If I were Pelosi I'd feel like I couldn't win.
Popular in Politics
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 434 Comments
- Top IRS official to invoke 5th Amendment at congressional testimony 126 Comments
- Senate committee approves immigration bill
- Va. GOP candidate: Planned Parenthood "more lethal" for blacks than KKK 1200 Comments
- U.S. IDs several men possibly responsible for Benghazi attack
- Poll: Most think IRS targeting was deliberate 172 Comments
- Obama: "Full focus" is on recovery from Oklahoma tornado 86 Comments
- IRS scandal highlights leadership vacancies