Live By The Sword....
LIVE BY THE SWORD....It's schadenfreude time:Political Animal
A crucial GOP fundraising committee is nearly broke, according to its latest monthly filing with the Federal Election Committee last week.It couldn't happen to a more deserving crew.
The National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) reported $1.6 million in cash on hand and $4 million in debts as of Aug. 31. The group helps bankroll House campaigns for GOP candidates.
Its counterpart, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, reported $22.1 million, more than 10 times its Republican counterpart.
....Senate Republicans are in a state of relative poverty, also. The National Republican Senatorial Campaign has just over $7 million on hand, according to the new filings. The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee has more than $20 million.
Popular in Politics
- Obama prom pictures surface 130 Comments
- Obama forgets to salute while boarding Marine One Play Video
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen. 157 Comments
- Is President Obama ending the war on terror? 281 Comments
- Now, some unions upset over Obamacare
- GOP Rep.: Obama elected because of Reagan's immigration reforms
- IRS official Lois Lerner placed on leave 131 Comments
- Rand Paul uses 2016 bully pulpit to push Obama on drones