This Mean You, Joe
THIS MEANS YOU, JOE....Jonathan Finer, former Baghdad correspondent for the Washington Post, writes today that he's a little tired of grand pronouncements from pundits and politicians who parachute into Iraq for a 3-day dog and pony show:Political Animal
It goes without saying that everyone can, and in this country should, have an opinion about the war, no matter how much time the person has spent in Iraq, if any. But having left a year ago, I've stopped pretending to those who ask that I have a keen sense of what it's like on the ground today. Similarly, those who pass quickly through the war zone should stop ascribing their epiphanies to what are largely ceremonial visits.Hear hear. Click the link and read the rest.
Popular in Politics
- FBI: Surveillance info helped reveal subway, stock exchange bombings 202 Comments
- Jesse Jackson Jr. asks to serve jail sentence before wife
- Obama: "Very easy to slip-slide" into deeper Syrian involvement 94 Comments
- IRS scandal: Is partisanship overshadowing facts? 167 Comments
- Obama on NSA programs: Americans "not getting the complete story"
- Snowden: U.S. gov't destroyed my chance for fair trial 299 Comments
- Supreme Court strikes down Arizona voting law
- Former critic McCaskill pushes for Hillary Clinton 2016 bid