Deconstructing Robert Samuelson
DECONSTRUCTING ROBERT SAMUELSON....Mark Thoma, a braver or more dedicated man than me, apparently still reads Robert Samuelson's column in the Washington Post. Today he discovers that Samuelson is as disingenuous as ever in a piece tackling the problem of growing income inequality. Says Thoma:Political Animal
Finding a way to share the gains from economic growth more equitably won't be easy, and confusing the issue by claiming that more equitable distributions will lower economic growth, cause more frequent recessions, and be inflationary when there's no evidence to support those claims doesn't help at all.No, but Samuelson's goal isn't to help. It's to muddy the waters. And he's very good at it.
Popular in Politics
- Obama prom pictures surface 123 Comments
- Is President Obama ending the war on terror?
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen.
- Now, some unions upset over Obamacare
- IRS official Lois Lerner placed on leave 130 Comments
- GOP Rep.: Obama elected because of Reagan's immigration reforms
- Rand Paul uses 2016 bully pulpit to push Obama on drones
- Obama forgets to salute while boarding Marine One Play Video