Joe Lieberman Watch
JOE LIEBERMAN WATCH....Joe Lieberman seems to be sliding further and further away from the Democratic Party:Political Animal
"I hope the moment doesn't come that I feel so separated from the [Democratic] caucus" that he decides to shift allegiance to the Republicans, he said in an interview. Asked what Democratic actions might cause such a break, he invoked Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart's famous 1964 definition of pornography: "I'll know it when I see it."It seems like every time Lieberman opens his mouth he moves a few more inches toward leaving the Democratic caucus. I wonder how much longer it will take until he decides, as a salve to his own conscience, that the Democratic Party "left him," rather than the other way around?
....The senator said his new-found independence may extend to presidential politics...."It's quite possible I would support a Republican or independent,'' Lieberman said.
Popular in Politics
- Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows 65 Comments
- House Republicans pass 20-week limit on abortions 118 Comments
- Senators: U.S. must take "more decisive" military action in Syria
- Snowden: U.S. gov't destroyed my chance for fair trial
- Bill Ayers: Obama should be tried for war crimes
- FBI: Surveillance info helped reveal subway, stock exchange bombings 210 Comments
- Treasury secretary's loopy signature is now less loopy
- Obama on NSA programs: Americans "not getting the complete story" 248 Comments