Moral Clarity Watch
MORAL CLARITY WATCH....ABC News has reported that the United States is funneling money to Jundullah, a Sunni terrorist group based in western Pakistan. The New York Times has reported that the United States allows arms deliveries from North Korea to flow to Ethiopia. And now, via Ken Silverstein, CNN's Michael Ware is reporting that the U.S. military provides protection for the Mujahedeen-e-Khalq (MEK), an Iraqi-based group listed as a terrorist organization by the State Department:Political Animal
The U.S. State Department considers the MEK a terrorist organization meaning no American can deal with it; U.S. banks must freeze its assets; and any American giving support to its members is committing a crime.Well, the world is a complicated place. And one man's terrorist is another man's freedom figh....oh, wait. That's not right. Is it?
The U.S. military, though, regularly escorts MEK supply runs between Baghdad and its base, Camp Ashraf.
"The trips for procurement of logistical needs also take place under the control and protection of the MPs," said Mojgan Parsaii, vice president of MEK and leader of Camp Ashraf.
Popular in Politics
- Michelle Obama decries "slander" that educated blacks are "trying to act white" Play Video
- Both parties vow to "get to the bottom" of IRS scandal 264 Comments
- Va. GOP candidate: Planned Parenthood "more lethal" for blacks than KKK 147 Comments
- Benghazi-disciplined diplomat a prolific poet
- Romney condemns "breach of trust" in Washington 250 Comments
- Republicans continue beating Benghazi drum 418 Comments
- Adviser on White House scandals: "Partisan fishing expeditions" won't distract Obama 207 Comments
- Immigration bill would require fingerprinting at 30 airports