WATER WARS....Remember that stuff about how the third world is going to get hit by global warming before us rich folks? Apparently that's not completely the case:Political Animal
The driest periods of the last century the Dust Bowl of the 1930s and the droughts of the 1950s may become the norm in the Southwest United States within decades because of global warming, according to a study released Thursday.I guess that leaves us Californians no choice: it's time to declare war on Arizona. And Las Vegas. All we need now is a good excuse.
....The study, published online in the journal Science, predicted a permanent drought by 2050 throughout the Southwest one of the fastest-growing regions in the nation.
...."This is a situation that is going to cause water wars," said Kevin Trenberth, a scientist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colo.
Popular in Politics
- FBI director acknowledges domestic drone use 143 Comments
- Obama and Berlin: Faded echoes meet new realities 71 Comments
- Smooth, on-time Obamacare rollout no sure thing: GAO
- Obama on NSA programs: Americans "not getting the complete story"
- House Republicans pass 20-week limit on abortions 482 Comments
- Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows 80 Comments
- GOP Sen. Murkowski backs same-sex marriage
- Obama renews push for a nuclear disarmament legacy