PARANOIA WATCH....This is not really news, but a couple of days ago the Navy announced the sailing date for that third carrier group heading to the gulf:Political Animal
The Nimitz carrier strike group will sail from San Diego for the gulf on Monday, a navy spokesman said. It will replace the Dwight D. Eisenhower...."You are looking at the early part of May that you would have the transition. It would be without any overlap. There is no plan to overlap them at all," Lt. Cmdr. Jeff Davis said by telephone from naval headquarters in Washington."No overlap." OK. Though that's what they'd say whether they were planning some overlap or not, right? There was also this odd report coming out of Russia a few days ago:
Russian military intelligence services are reporting a flurry of activity by U.S. Armed Forces near Iran's borders, a high-ranking security source said Tuesday.It's probably nothing, and God knows I don't want to go all grassy knoll on you. Just passing along the latest rumors. One way or the other, though, we're sure putting a lot of naval firepower into a very small area where there are currently no particular naval threats.
"The latest military intelligence data point to heightened U.S. military preparations for both an air and ground operation against Iran," the official said, adding that the Pentagon has probably not yet made a final decision as to when an attack will be launched.
Popular in Politics
- For GOP, scandals could be an electoral plus - or minus 318 Comments
- IRS targeting overlooked biggest soft money groups
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 338 Comments
- Romney condemns "breach of trust" in Washington 120 Comments
- Republicans use IRS scandal to tar Obamacare
- Ousted IRS chief: "I did not mislead" the American people 261 Comments
- Where is the Benghazi cover-up Republicans promised? 406 Comments
- Why Obama should worry that current scandals might impact 2016 242 Comments